Sunday, February 5, 2017

Color Burst Class

Hello peeps!  I hope everyone is doing well.  I recently took a class at the Guadalupe Rubber Stamp Store in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  It was so much fun and I finally did something creative.  I took this class mainly because my hands were itching to get dirty.  I haven't organized my craft room since I've moved and am itching to get in there!  This class was a motivator to make that happen!

The class was painting on a tote bag that had been designed using a cat stencil.  


We used a product called Color Burst.  They are powders that react to a liquid (I can't remember what we used but a little went a long way).  You also don't need much of the powder either. 
It was so much fun to decide which colors to use.  Being in the southwest I knew I wanted to use turquoise and pink.  First we painted around the cat with white acrylic paint.  That helped keep the colors vibrant and not soak into the canvas.
I took this class with two of my good friends.  They enjoyed it just as much as I did!  I wish I would have thought to take photos of everyone's finished projects.  They were all so different and unique.
My finished project.
  
Monica's finished project.
Monica  
Alyce working on her bag.
Me starting on my bag.
I am definitely interested in working with Color Bursts again.  It was so much fun and interesting to see how the finished project looked.

Have you used Color Bursts yet?  What did you make?

Peace,
Kay



2 comments:

Connie said...

It's great to see you out having fun . . . the whole business of selling, buying and moving behind you . . . that has got to feel good :)
Keep Smiling!
Connie :)

Glenda said...

Look at you, being all "creative"! It's always nice to try new things. This is going to be so great when you finish!