Tuesday, October 25, 2016

WOYWW 386

Don't blink.  This is the second week in a row that I'm joining in with Julia at Stamping Ground.   I'm happy to be among you once again.  Although with the move coming up I may skip a few weeks but I'm going to try my best not to.

Here's my finished cowl.  I had a dear friend, Monique, model it for me.

 I'm happy with how it turned out.  This will be going to Warm Hearts Yarn for sale.  I have several cowls and a few scarves that I'll be dropping off next weekend.  I found a very easy pattern for fingerless mitts so plan to knit some of those up while I take a break from packing.

It's official (birds singing)!  I close on the sale of the condo on Monday, October 31.  YAY.  I will now be in a one level place WITH a craft room.  Honestly, I think those two things alone bring me so much joy.  I'll be doing some posts with what I do around the house.  The closing date on the house is Friday, November 4.  The underwriter hasn't given my lender the appraisal yet.  Hopefully we'll be on target.  In between I will be renting my condo back from the new owner.

In the meantime, I will do my best to visit those that visit me (please leave your number) and those that end in the same number as me.  

Happy WOYWW
Peace,
Kay
   

16 comments:

Annie said...

I think knitting is just the best stress buster while moving houses.....I knit two blankets while ours went through cos it took so long hehehe. Really hoping your move goes to plan and you can be all settled in your new home before Christmas.
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #16

Unknown said...

This makes me want to knit one! I'm also dabbling in crochet. The model is perfect! Happy Wednesday. Sandy Leigh #44

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful! Glad you have been here for two weeks in a row. I have missed about a month, myself. Thanks for the peek at what you have been doing. #50

Anne said...

Liking that cowl very much. So pleased for you re the sale and hope final stages go well. Wish my mum could sell her bungalow and move nearer. Lovely you are joining in again - I've managed two weeks in a row. Anne x #17

Glenda said...

I've missed a lot of these get togethers too and am hoping that I can get back in the swing of things. Love your cowl and think you should be very proud! Glenda #26

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kay, such great news for you re the sale! Love the cowl. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #1 xx

Robin said...

Hi Kay! Love your cowl. That turned out beautiful. So a new pattern for fingerless mittens/gloves? I'm interested. Let me know if you have some to sell. I still wear the ones I got from you several years ago all the time! I love them!

Great minds must think alike. I am coming back to WOYWW too! I have been blogging on most Wednesdays then I saw a post in my email about a WOYWW post. (hand to forhead...duh!). So I am back. So excited for your move. I will have to email you and get more info! I am SO happy no stairs AND a craft room, that is paradise to me, lol. Hope you had a great day! Big hugs my friend, Robin

Connie said...

Very pretty cowl and happy closing day!
I will be thinking of you on the 31st.
Connie :)

Sharon said...

Your cowl looks great! Congrats on the official news. It will be fun to move into a new place - especially with a craft room!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #42

Helen said...

great news on your pending move - hope it all goes to plan! sounds like you'll have a great place to live in. Love the cowl, it's gorgeous. Helen #5

Neet said...

Tried to post on here yesterday and it wouldn't let me??? Strange, no problem this morning.
Hi Kay - lovely news, cannot way to see the new place and hear you are settled in nicely. In the meantime you have been keeping yourself occupied with making that lovely cowl. How elegantly Moniique is modelling it for you.
Good luck with the actual move and every good wish for a happy life in the new place.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Woohoo - excellent news about your sale and purchase - fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly from now on! We are doing a second viewing on a property on Saturday - it has no onward chain (is empty at the moment) and needs a fair bit of decorating work wo do but it's a big old place and I too will have a craft room!! Yippeee :-D
Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Not surprised you're so pleased with it as it looks great. Happy belated woyww, Angela x 20

okienurse said...

YAY Kay! Glad to see you back again this week. I have missed everyone and I am trying to blog each week even while we are on the road. I am glad to hear about the house and look forward to seeing pictures. Thanks for visiting my desk! Have a great week. Vickie #11

CraftyHope said...

Your cowl came together so nicely!
And, congrats on all the excitement! Enjoy the process!
Hope #43

Unknown said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Love the colours in the cowl. I have given up on knitting - I am basically rubbish at it! Hope that all the house stuff gets sorted out with no issues. Ali x #7