Saturday, January 3, 2015

Photography and Me

Hello peeps.  I hope 2015 is starting off with a bang for everyone!  I'm finally over feeling sick, just in time to return to work in 1.5 days (can you tell I'm looking forward to that prospect!).

Several of you have complimented me on my photography.  I have enjoyed sharing my photos with you.  I use a Canon PowerShot SX30 IS.  It has a 35x optical zoom and I just love it.  

Imagine my surprise when I get an email from someone wanting to use two of my photos in a college textbook!  Honestly, I googled the person and sure enough, she was legitimate!  VERY legitimate!!  Woo hoo.

I emailed her back and said that at first I thought I was being "punked."  A form of a prank for those that aren't familiar with that term.  The photos will appear in the “History of New Mexico” by Brandon Morgan, PHD (the e-book).  This is for the Central New Mexico Community College (CNM).

Two things I've learned from this  is to take higher resolution photos and to be sure to label my posts accurately.  This is the post where she found the photos.  Spanish Market - Featured Artist Ramon Jose Lopez

I was blown over.  The check arrived but I haven't cashed it yet.  I just like looking at it.  
Peace,
Kay



2 comments:

Nan G said...

Wow how cool is that! And so well deserved, Kay! Your pics are fabulous! Congrats!

Connie said...

Wow!!! I am so proud of you Kay. Now you can say that you are a professional photographer. I have been telling you how wonderful your photography is :) You have made my day . . . I am dancing my happy dance in your honor.
Connie :)