Sunday, November 13, 2011

Special Arrival

Let me introduce you to the latest member of my household.  She flew in on a big plane, her own wings not having to do any flapping!  She's a yellow sided green cheek conure.  Tulip is her name and getting spoiled is in her future!
I bought her from Nina Bolognese in Grand Junction.  Let me just tell you, if you want a bird I would highly recommend her.  She's great to deal with and you can just tell that she loves all her tweets.  Go to her website by clicking on Nina.
Hello there!
Daisy wasn't too sure about the new addition.  At first she'd run by the cage but then after Tulip dropped some seed on the floor Daisy was ready to investigate.  She loves bird seed!!  I discovered this several years ago when the birds that visited the feeders in my backyard would make a mess and she was more than willing to clean up.  It made for interesting poop!! As for Katie, I didn't get a good photo of her because she just stayed in her den most of the time.

Daisy

Tulip got a little present from my friend Monica.  The snuggle buddy was already in the cage when I took this photo.
Goodies for the tweet.


This has been my reading material - I want to be a responsible, good bird owner.

Home tweet home


Just into those eyes - aren't they precious!

I don't know if it's a netbook thing or a blogger thing - but when I "preview" the post it looks different.  We'll see what it looks like when I publish it!!

Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Di said...

Oh wow - she's absolutely gorgeous. Welcome Tulip, you landed on a really good and loving perch there girl!! Di xx

Robin said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family. I am sure Tulip will be very happy and very spoiled!

Jema said...

Welcome Tulip! How fun to have such a fun birdie!

Nina's Parrots said...

Thank you for all the nice comments tulip has a wonderful cage and setup enjoy her

Scrapcollectr said...

Congrats on the new addition! What fun you'll have teaching her words...*smile* In answer to your question on my blog: I do own some of SU's clear stamps and they are great in the storage dept. I find that I have to use my tape runner on the backs to get them to stick to the acrylic block which is no big thing but also, because they are not truly clear I sometimes have "lining up" issues. Hope that helps. I can't respond to you from my comment field so if u ever have any other questions, you can email me directly. Email addy is on my profile. *smile*

Unknown said...

I love Tulip. You will have fun. I will look forward to hearing about her progress.
Carol who got the SD card talking to the computer at last.

cpcable said...

Congratulations! Birds are such magnificent creatures, aren't they?